Thursday, June 26, 2008

Mommy Poll

As more time passes (and slowly I might add) I need to start thinking about what Jayson and I need for our "bundle of joy." The problem: I don't know what we need. And since so many of you already have children, I've decided to ask you. We just bought a crib, but other than that we don't have anything. What do I need? What couldn't you live without? Or what do you wish you had? How do I know I'm getting a good car seat? See how ignorant I am. HELP!!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I could go on and on about stuff I love for babies. But my favorite websites for baby stuff are One Step Ahead and Right Start (which is also a store). My most favorite things are things you won't need at the beginning but they are still cool. The Tiny Diner Portable Placemat, The Bibbity, and the Boon Spoon. Anyway if want more ideas, email me and I can tell you some more, this is long enough as it is. Shopping for babies are so much fun and they have such cool stuff now days. Good luck and have fun shopping.

Bugg's mama said...

I absolutely LOVED The Ultimate Baby Wrap. It's a baby carrier so you can carry it on your front side or back or side even. I could do stuff like vacumming and shopping without having to use my hands!

I would also invest in a really good monitor. Ours is still going strong after 4 years!

And a MUST HAVE is the rear-view mirror that you set up in the back seat facing baby so that you can see it in your rear-view mirror. It's so nice to see baby while you're up front driving.

Kim said...

I'm emailing you my list. Also, if it's a girl, I'm sending you my clothes and if it's a boy, Spence's little stuff is still in your closet at Mom and Dad's--or it should be.

Kierst said...

Ooh, this is the funnest part! I know I just said funnest and you're an English teacher but I don't care. I would say, a stroller and some sort of baby carrier are important. I slacked on those two items at first and had to buy new and better ones later. I have a Sling EZee sling and used it all the time. Then I made a mai tai wrap and wished I had it in the beginning. Brianne says you need a monitor but I say unless you have a really big place, you probably don't need one. We hardly ever used ours. Oh, and one thing that saved me (because I couldn't nurse and had to pump) was a nice pump. I'll let you know as I think of more. As far as the carseat question, I still don't know.

skye said...

I'll email you my list of recommended baby essentials.

I hope everything is going well for you both. We'll have to get together again after I'm back in CA.

Anonymous said...

first congrats!!! here's my list but you just email me I could tell you more. Remember when you first come home they really don't need anything but you!
all this is extra ok :)
I love a good Wrap/Sling. I had a sling for joe and now a wrap for rachel.
nursing pads... so you don't leak all overthe place. my favorite,won't use anything else are in the purple box "lansiloh"- something like that.
I heart baby wash with lavender, need to go buy some more.
what else- I like the baby swing although i hate all the space it takes. and at 4 to 6 months my joe lived in his exersaucer(see if you can borrow one, they only use them for like 6 months)
pacifiers...oh how these have saved me my babies love to suck, I like the nuk silicon ones... you'll have to find out what your baby likes best. got to run. hugs. mariana