Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Mommy Said

I needed to update everyone regarding my health. After my last post about the pregnancy sickies, I decided to contact my doctor for nausea medication. I had high hopes that it would work this time since things weren't as bad as they were with Bailey. And, they did. I started taking Zofran and the morning sickies and the nausea went away. The constant hunger has also gone away. I feel like a normal person!

On the other hand, at my last doctor appointment the Nurse Practitioner was checking my stomach when she said, "You have a a hernia." Huh? She then had me rub my hand over my belly-button, and I said, "Oh, that. I knew about that. I had my gall bladder removed in May, isn't that just scar tissue from the surgery?" Apparently not. I have an umbilical hernia. According to the nurse it will need to be repaired surgically, but because I'm pregnant they won't/can't do anything until after I have the baby.

Morning sickness or hernia? I'm not sure which one I prefer.

5 comments:

Kierst said...

I'm sure you know what you're having by now. When do we, your faithful blog-readers, get to find out?

Oh, and I'm glad you're feeling a lot better. I got the flu when I was pregnant with Ashton and it was horrible. I was throwing up and everything, but it was nothing compared to what people like you deal with all throughout pregnancy. I told Taylor that if that happened to me while I was pregnant, we never would have had more than one kid!

Jayson & Megan said...

Actually, we don't know what we're having yet. We'll hopefully find out on the 20th (if the baby co-operates!).

Brooke said...

Oh dear! What we women have to go through to bring children into this world. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better! Please share the exciting news when you find out what you are having!!

Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

Yea for your mommy making you give us an update on your pregnancy...i've been wondering. well glad you found something to stop the morning sickness...and boo on the hernia!

Amy said...

O wow, that sucks. I think hernia since you did not know about it. I cold not imagian being sick everyday. Good luck on both of them.