Monday, April 21, 2008

Knocked Up

I was going to wait to write this post, but I couldn't wait. I'm PREGNANT!!!!!!!! After trying for over a year, it's finally happened! We are so excited, but still in shock. I took 3 pregnancy tests because I didn't believe it. But it's really happening. I'm only about 6 weeks along (a December baby), so not very pregnant, but pregnant none the less. My first doctor's appointment is in 3 weeks, which I've been told is normal. They can't really do anything until then when we should be able to hear the baby's heart beat.

I'm feeling fine, for the most part. I'm exhausted all of the time (the big tip-off for my mom). I'm ready for a nap a couple of hours after I wake-up. I'm also hungry ALL of the time. In fact, I'm eating right now! Occasionally I feel queasy, but so far no morning sickness, which I am thankful for.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! How exciting! Good luck with the pregnancy and keep us up to date with everything!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I'm excited for you guys! Those are the symptoms I had when I was pregnant, plus getting up every night to pee. So watch out for that one! Keep us posted.

Kim said...

I told you about the hungry thing. I was constantly, ravenously, I'm-going-to-die-if-I-don't-eat-now-hungry in the first trimester. It's how I managed to always gain 10 lbs. the 1st tri when you're not supposed to gain anything. Here's hoping to "normal," but now too severe, morning sickness.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! You are in for one amazing ride...best experience of your life. Can't wait to hear more from you.

Summer

Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

Congrats!!!

skye said...

See what happens when I don't visit your blog for a week. You go and get pregnant! Congratulations to the both of you!!