What about a bumper for the crib?
What sort of relaxation techniques did you use during labor? We aren't going to take a birthing class because, well simply we don't have the time. Besides my doctor said I can get the info elsewhere (internet, videos, etc.).
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hi Megan!
You look so cute preggo! I don't have too much experience in the mommy field, but my baby is turning 1 next week! Wow... time goes by so fast. Regarding the bumper, they are more for decoration. They can be a suffocation hazard so we only used it when she was little before she could roll over. Hope that helps. Best wishes on the rest of your pregnancy. It's all downhill from here. Well, except for the last month- that's awful. :-)
Brooke
Without a bumper I thought it was easier to peak in and check if baby was asleep. With it I had to walk closer to the crib and sometimes I would wake him up, or just draw attention to myself if he was almost out. Maybe taller people can do the job just fine even with a bumper, but I like it without. (They are cute though.)
The birthing class was a little helpful but really, if you've got your lover there with you, all will be just fine. He is the only thing you need. Oh, and an epidural :) Make sure you measure your belly just before the birth. it's fun to compare with each pregnancy!
Crib Bumper: I liked them because I figured they insulated the crib a little bit in cold months. The suffocation issue is something to consider, but we still used it. We did take it off when they started pulling themselves up, and they'd use the bumper to stand on.
Birthing Classes: I didn't get anything out of the one I took w/ Al (the only one I took). Your dr.'s right, the info is on the internet and a little research is all you nedd to prepare yourself.
We didn't take any birthing classes. Though I have heard the bradley method classes are great. I read part of a book to help calm pre-labor nerves. It is called "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth". I thought it was helpful. I would also recommend the book "Babywise" for post baby sleeping habits. It is wonderful :) As far as a bumper, we are using one. Don't really have any big insights on the topic.
Post a Comment