Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Better Off at 30

30 years old today. I've been having a hard time turning 30. I don't know why, but for some reason I feel really old. Thankfully I have a wise and knowledgeable family. I've come to realize that I would much rather be 30 than 20. I've done so much since I was 20 and I wouldn't change any of it. I've:

Graduated from college with my BA and MA
I've been to Europe
I've got a great job--teaching.
I'm more self sufficient than I thought I would ever be (much to my parent's happiness I'm sure!)
I've come to realize that my parents DO know more than me and are great for help and advice.
I'm married to the most wonderful man and I can't imagine not having him in my life.
I have the sweetest, most beautiful daughter--one I waited for for a long time.

And, as Jayson points out....
I have major appliances!

So, being 30? Maybe not so bad after all.

6 comments:

Kim said...

There's nothing like major appliances to make you feel grown-up!

Happy Birthday!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, 30 is not so bad. Now when people ask how old you are, you can be proud to be out of the 20 year old ago group. Remember 30's are the new 20's!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a fun day!!

Anonymous said...

My baby girl is 30 today! (Sniff,Sniff! Whoopee!) Have a great day! WE love you! Mom B

Natierae said...

Happy Happy Birthday from the Jeffers crew we wish it was our birthday so we could party too OLE!!!

Bugg's mama said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Guess what? I knew it was your b-day, I remembered before you even posted! Hope you have an extra special day of celebrating!