I had such a fun weekend! On Saturday, my wonderful sister-in-law Elissa and mother gave me a baby shower. It was tons of fun and absolutely perfect. Here's just a taste of what happened!

This was attached to the party favors. Because it's Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Elissa found pink M&M's that she put into a bag and sealed with this adorable saying.

The food. What a spread. Elissa made ham & cheese quiche, vegetable pizza, fruit, and salad. All of it was YUMMY!

The center piece was a gift from my Auntie's Leona and Edna. Neither of them were able to attend as they live in New Mexica & Utah. But, I am so blessed to have such wonderful Aunts to think of me!

A close-up of the floral arrangement. It smells Heavenly! Our car smelled absolutely wonderful on the drive home because of these beautiful flowers.

A few of the guests. From left to right, Jayson's Aunt Becky, Jayson's cousin Heather, Grandma Gillming (my mother-in-laws mother), and Jayson's Aunt Sue (Sue is the wonderful woman who made our yummy wedding cake).

The Kaze Girls. From left to Right: Julia (my mother-in-law), Jodie (the youngest), Jayme (the second youngest), JoAnna (the 3rd oldest and who is expecting also!), and me!

The Kaze Girls plus One. From left to Right: Jayme, Julia, Jodie, Jayson, JoAnna, & me!

I know I've bragged about her before, but she deserves it. Isn't my mother a wonderful seamstress! She made this quilt for Bailey's crib. Can you see the pattern on the edge. She did that. Wow! I'm so lucky to have a mom this talented.

Another example of my mother's talent. She has made a blessing dress for my brother's daughters, and my sister's daughters. Each girl in the family wears the same dress for their blessing. It's such a wonderful tradition, and I am so glad that I get to be a part of it too.

After the baby shower, my parents, Jamie, Elissa and their five kids, plus me and Jayson went to Olive Garden for dinner. Kyle discovered the ash-tray pit outside and had picked up a used cigarette. Grandpa's trying to show him it's yucky! And there I am in all my pregnant glory!
Thank you to all who came to the shower and showed such love and support for me and Jayson. We are so excited for this little one to be here, and we're so very fortunate to have so many who care about us. Thank you.
1 comment:
How fun! I wish I could have been there. How are you feeling? I love the pregnant belly! Your mom is amazing. That quilt is just precious! I love that blessing dress and the tradition too. London actually wore the dress my mom made for me when I was blessed. Since I'm the first girl, I get the cool stuff like that!
Post a Comment