Monday, October 13, 2008

The Sunday Saga

Where to start...Last night a funny thing happened. I stopped being able to go to the bathroom. Weird I know. I kept having this urge this go potty, and no matter how many times I tried to go the bathroom, very little was expelled, and my bladder continued to feel as though it was going to burst. After about 2 hours of this, I called my wise parents, who suggested that we go to the Hospital. After getting the same answer from my Doctor, we headed out the door for the hospital at 11:00. By this point I'm in pain, my lower back aches, my stomach aches, and all I want to do is pee, and my doctor is worried that I might have either a distended bladder, or a urinary tract infection.

Shortly after arriving at the hospital and being admitted to Labor and Delivery, I got the pleasure of experiencing my first catheter. But NOTHING happened, no significant change. A few hours later I started throwing up, so they gave me an anti-nausea IV. Oh, but wait, let me tell you about the IV. The nurse tried 3 times, 3 TIMES to get the IV in, each time with me yelling in pain. Finally, she got someone else to do the 4th attempt. Also, by this time, my lower right back is killing because the bed is so DANG UNCOMFORTABLE! After spending all night in the hospital, it turns out that I was dehydrated. That's all, simply dehydrated. Who knew? Oh, wait Jayson knew. That was his diagnosis (I drank A LOT of Mt. Dew yesterday)! I'm re-hydrated, peeing all of the time now, and home.

Can this pregnancy get any more fun?!

2 comments:

Kierst said...

You and your Mountain Dew!!! Remember when we were at EFY and you went through withdrawls because you couldn't get it with caffeine on BYU campus?

Bugg's mama said...

What a nightmare. At least it was something to easily fix!