Monday, February 2, 2009

From the Mouths of Babes (or 13 year olds)

Today was my first day back at work, and what a welcome I received. My colleagues were glad to have me back, as were all of my students. Here are some of the more interesting things I heard from my students:

"You look skinnier." Of course I would. I'm no longer carrying an extra 35 pounds.

"You look younger." Did I look that old and haggard?

"You're dressing better." Don't they realize how hard it is to dress nice and feel comfortable pregnant?

"Wow Mrs. Kaze your meaner and more strict." Of course I am. I now have the energy to be mean and strict!

Despite their blunt comments, I am glad that they missed me and would rather have me than a sub!

1 comment:

Kierst said...

That's so funny. And you lost 35 lbs already? That's great! Bailey is adorable, by the way. I love the picture of her on your page. Was it hard to go back? I remember going back part time after I had London. Not fun.