Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Hysterical Mama
Even though I went back to work last week, Bailey stayed home with Jayson because she was sick with what turned out to be a sinus infection. Thanks Honey! (Jayson has really bad sinuses). So today was the first day that she went to "daycare." Meaning the first day I took her to our friend Emily (who has kindly agreed to watch Bailey) for the first time. Now this isn't the first time Bailey's been with someone other than me or Jayson. However, this is the first time I've had to leave her. Poor Emily, she was so understanding. I think I practically threw Bailey at her and ran out the door because I was having such a hard time! I cried the whole way to school (approximately 2 minutes). I pulled it together until I went to the copy room and someone asked me if I was OK. Um, no. I just left my baby with the sitter for the first time (sorry for calling you a sitter Emily). Again, I pulled it together. Then Jayson called and asked how I was doing (he knew it would be hard for me). And again with the waterworks. I pulled it together again long enough to ask my department head if I could send a troublesome student to her today. Thinking I was upset because of this student, she asked if I was OK. Crying again, I managed to blubber, "I left her with the sitter for the first time." The students in her room thought I was CRAZY! It is going to get easier, right?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm so sorry Megan. It's so hard to leave your little ones but I truly believe that the hurt you feel is important because it is a measure of the value you place on your child and your role as a mother. I wish I could say it'll get better but it all honestly it just might not. You just make sure that if you can't make arrangement to spend all your time with her that you make the time you do have with her QUALITY and pray a whole lot!
I had to do the same thing too. The first day of work I took her with me because I just couldnt let her go. The second day I sobbed and sobbed, and then my big fat jerk of a boss told me I needed to act professionally. By the end of a few weeks it was "different", not easier, but different. I tootally understand what you are talking about. Good luck...PS lets do lunch the next time you are down this way
That would be insanely hard. I totally feel for you Megan!
Just wait until Bailey gets a little bit older and upon your return she runs to you with arms wide open, smothers you with hugs and kisses and tells you she loves you. It is the sweetest feeling in the whole world!!!! Those little arms around your neck...ohhhhhh....now that is priceless.
Oh I'm so sorry. That must be sooo hard! Hopefully it will get a little easier for you, although I'm sure it probably won't ever be easy! But you gotta do what you gotta do! Good luck!
Post a Comment