Sunday, January 3, 2010

Decade in Review

My friend Cindy did this on her blog and I thought, "What a great idea!" So, I stole it!. Here's a look at the last 10 years of my life and all that I have done and accomplished!

2000: Finished my junior year at Brigham Young University. It might have been during this time that I decided I just wanted to be done with school and became an English major, instead of an English Teaching major. Hindsight. I know.

2001: Graduated from BYU with a Bachelor of Arts in English, and came home to Cali. Used that English Degree (ha, ha!) and got a job as a legal assistant. And, to finish the year, I bought my very own car!

2002: Nothing too exciting this year (that I can remember!). But, I was still working as a legal assistant.

2003: Decided that I wanted to teach English Literature at a collegiate level, so I went back to school at CSU Sacramento to get my Masters.

2004: I quickly realized that I am not very good at the whole work and school thing simultaneously, so I quit work and became a full time student again.

2005: This was an action packed year. I graduated from CSUS with a Masters of Arts in English. I skipped graduation to go on a 2 week tour of Europe (England, France, Germany, & Austria) with mom and Blain. I loved every minute of it and don't regret not walking! A month later I met Jayson and we were engaged shortly after! Again, utilizing my Masters Degree so well, I started working as a legal assistant for another law firm.

2006: Immediately married Jayson!!!!!! (seriously, on January 6th!) and moved to Fresno. I Continued to work for the law firm from our apartment in Fresno, while secretly wanting to teach college English. I eventually realized that without teaching experience that wasn't ever going to happen, so started looking into becoming a substitute teacher.

2007: Substituted for a year and then entered a Teacher Intern Credential program, which allowed me to earn my teaching credential while teaching full time. See, this is where the hindsight from 2000 comes in! Got my first teaching job teaching 8th grade English and moved to Selma, CA.

2008: Got PREGNANT!!!!! Had a BABY!!!!! I also finished my first year of teaching and began my second.

2009: Jayson graduated from CSU Fresno with a Bachelor of Science in Construction Management. Went on a week long trip to the East Coast and LOVED it (if you don't remember, or didn't see the posts, click here). I completed the Intern Program and began my third year of teaching as a fully credentialed probationary teacher (which is the same as if I began teaching after graduating from a university teaching program). Moved again to be closer to work. And, in May, I turned the BIG 3-0!

In retrospect, I have been so blessed these last 10 years and I pray that the coming 10 will be as wonderful and exciting. Hopefully the next 10 years will bless us with more children and a move closer home to Roseville!

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

trish kaze said...

You have had a busy ten years! But it looks like you have been blessed with many wonderful things! Here's to another ten years!!! May you find more happiness!

Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

It's amazing when you look back on a decade of what you've done and realize how much you've grown. I wish you luck on the next decade!!!