Sunday, February 24, 2008
Fish Out of Water
Our ward Sacrament Meeting is split into 2 groups: the English speaking meeting and the Spanish speaking meeting. This morning I was asked to play the piano for the Spanish speaking group, and what an experience. First, I didn't understand a word. Ok, well maybe I understood a word or two, but not much more than that. Then, the songs got mixed up. While I played what was supposed to be the Sacrament hymn ("Upon the Cross at Calvary"), the congregation sang "I am a Child of God." Then when I went to play "I am a Child of God" for the rest hymn, the congregation began to sing the Sacrament hymn. They stopped singing after the first 2 measures of the rest hymn, and there was a discussion about what we were singing. Ugh, talk about a nightmare. I know it wasn't my fault and I was playing what I was told to play, but it was still embarrassing. I suspect they will never ask me to play again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I feel for you girl...but I bet you sounded great!!!!!
Post a Comment