Saturday, February 2, 2008

A Frustrating Day

Poor Jayson. He's had such a frustrating day! The rear shocks in our Nissan need to be replaced, and in an attempt to save some $$$, Jayson figured he could replace them himself. That was our goal today, new shocks, and a nice smooth ride. Unfortunately, it didn't go as planned.

Jayson began early, and by the time I got home from the grocery store at 10:00, the car was already up on the jacks, and the rear tires were off. Within 30 minutes he was stumped (he needed some sort of compression wrench). We called our good friend Steve, because if anyone in Fresno had what we needed, he would. If not, we were going to have to wait 2 weeks until we could get home to Roseville and have Blain help us. Luckily, Steve had what we needed, and was willing to spend part of his Saturday away from his family helping us out. So Jayson took off for Steve's excited to work on the car with Steve (Jayson and Steve are two peas in a pod). But, as I'm sure you can imagine, things didn't go as expected. They had trouble getting one of the bolts off, and then they couldn't figure out how to remove the shocks because they were bolted to the car in some sort of case and they couldn't figure out how to get access. This would explain why Auto Zone told Jayson it was a dealer job. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Unrelated to current post, but regarding the links. It's tricky. Call and I'll guide you through it.

skye said...

Boys will be boys! I'm sorry they couldn't get it completed, and that Jayson spent so much time working on it, but I'm glad it all worked out in the end!

Steve's in the process of fixing a few things on his car, and so I'm praying he can actually do it, and not run into a bunch of unexpected problems as well. Here's hoping!