I've never been really excited about Election Day. I'll admit that in the past I've been very passive about the whole thing. But this year is different. I don't know if it's because I'm older, or if I just care more this year, but I'm pretty darn proud of the fact that I've gotten involved in the whole election process. I've watched tons of news coverage about the candidates and the issues. I've paid attention to the debates. So I feel pretty informed. Of course I still feel some hesitation even now about how I voted. But I know I made the best informed decision that I could. And knowing that I wouldn't have the time to go to the polls today and vote, I made sure I got my mail-in ballot done and sent off early last week. I'm excited to hear the results, whatever they may be.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Election Day!
I've never been really excited about Election Day. I'll admit that in the past I've been very passive about the whole thing. But this year is different. I don't know if it's because I'm older, or if I just care more this year, but I'm pretty darn proud of the fact that I've gotten involved in the whole election process. I've watched tons of news coverage about the candidates and the issues. I've paid attention to the debates. So I feel pretty informed. Of course I still feel some hesitation even now about how I voted. But I know I made the best informed decision that I could. And knowing that I wouldn't have the time to go to the polls today and vote, I made sure I got my mail-in ballot done and sent off early last week. I'm excited to hear the results, whatever they may be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment