Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Pregnancy Reality

Well, it doesn't look like it's a bug. Darn It! Every day gets a little harder, and I didn't even make all day at school. I lasted one period before I broke down to Jayson and my department head. Thank heavens for such understanding individuals.

On Sunday I called my doctor because I was worried about the vomiting, and she gave me some suggestions (which aren't working). So today, after I'd thrown-up for the 3rd time since getting to school (1 hour into class), I called my doctor and was told that if the suggestions she gave aren't working then she needs to see me. So tomorrow I go to see the doctor. I'm hoping that she'll give me medical leave for the next couple of weeks so that I get a long-term sub and stay home and figure out how to deal with this.

I''ll let you know what she says after my appointment tomorrow. But keep me in your prayers!

3 comments:

Natierae said...

Oh Megan thats terrible. With my girls I had to be on medication to make it through the pregnancy. I hope they put you on some awesome drugs, whatever the cost they are totally worth the relief

Anonymous said...

Megs you poor thing! I don't know that I have a whole lot of room to talk because I haven't been that bad- but i have found that a B-6 and half of a unisom sleeping pill have worked the best for me. I take them at night and I take the B-6 throughout the day when I need it. That is what my DR recommended for me. Maybe try that and see if that works! Sorry I am not much Help!! Lindsey Hawes (Hair)

Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

So how did your doctors appt go? Was she able to do anything to help?

One thing to keep in mind during all this...just think...in less than a year you will be holding your son/daughter. You will then forget all about the sickness and the hard days and just fall in love with your little bundle of joy. Believe me...I wish that I could be going through what you are going through. You're lucky that it only took you a year to get pregnant. Kevin and I have been trying for almost four and a half years and we still haven't been successful. So even though you are feeling really sick...feel privileged and lucky you are going through this!