Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday Surprises

I actually made it to 2 hours of church today. This is the first in probably 4 weeks. We went to Sacrament Meeting, then home for food, and then back for the 3rd hour. During Sacrament Meeting I got an unexpected, but pleasant surprise. I was released from my calling as the Valiant 12 teacher. I had no idea this was happening. One of the new counselors was mentioning Stake business then he said that Sister Kaze (pronounced Case) was being released as the Valiant 12 teacher. It took me a minute to figure out that he was talking about me! I can't say that I'm disappointed, and I'm still in primary playing the piano both hours now.

Jayson also received a new calling. He's the new 2nd counselor in the Young Men's Presidency over the Deacon's Quorum and the Assistant Scott Master.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were released, one calling is enough. You should have raised your hand to object(just on principle because you weren't notified) then watch them (Bishopric) squirm. I'm glad you don't have to prepare lessons again, playing is enough. I'm glad you were able to make it to your meetings and are feeling better. Talk to you this evening. Mom B

Kim said...

Maybe, the bishopric thought the Primary president wouldtell you and the Primary president thought a member of the bishopric was going to do it. Who knows, but that would be a surprise for sure.

Natierae said...

I love surprises like that. Glad you're feeling a little better- I hope you're not one of the lucky ones that stays sick their whole pregnancy

Anonymous said...

Jayson, Congrats. We'll have to compare notes. As you know I'm 2nd counselor/Scoutmaster in my Ward. Be grateful you're only the Asst. Scoutmaster; it's a tough balancing act. I'm interested to see how your program runs and if there is anything I can use in my program. -Blain