Friday (the 12th) provided us a more leisurely day. We wanted to make sure that Bailey had some floor time. Time to crawl and wiggle after such a long day in a stroller (which she handled phenomenally). So we took our time in the morning and then after lunch we went to
Gillette Castle State Park in East Haddam, Connecticut. The castle was built by
William Gillette who was an actor, playwright, director and producer during the early 1900s. He was the first person to portray Sherlock Holmes on stage and the image of Sherlock Holmes as we know him is because of William Gillette. The "castle" was his retirement house and it is truly remarkable.


The entire castle is built of stone, including all of the interior walls.



The "backyard" view--the picture doesn't do it justice.

Kim, Bailey, & I (I don't care for me in the pic, but I need to include some pics of me and my sis!)

No comments:
Post a Comment